Hey girls! As we speak I should be away on holiday so I have pre-scheduled this post to go up when I'm away. I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to do a 'what's in my holiday makeup bag' post. I am going to show you the products that I have chosen to take with me and talk you through how I plan to use them. So if you want to know how I create a natural, sweatproof and waterproof look for the beach, pool or just a hot day, then keep reading..
- So the first thing I have is my Carex Moisture Plus Hand Gel. This is a must for me as I always like to sanitize my hands before touching my face to make sure there isn't any nasty bacteria lurking on them.
- Next up is my Piz Buin Allergy Face Cream with SPF 50+. I like to use a higher factor on my face than the rest of my body because the skin on your face is more delicate so I think it is really important to protect it. I got the allergy formula because I have taken reactions to other sun creams in the past. It is water-resistant which is great because you don't need to worry about it melting away in the sun or washing off in the water.
- After I have put on my suncream I will apply my Garnier Anti-dark circles Roll on Concealer to brighten up my undereyes.
- Once I am finished with concealer, I will go in with my Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in the shade '001 Transparent'. Using my Eco Tools fluffy brush, I apply this all over my face to reduce the shine from the suncream.
- Then the star of the show, my Benefit Cha Cha Tint which is a cheek and lip stain so it basically doubles up as blush and lipstick. I would recommend using something like this rather than powder or cream blush products because it 'stains' your skin which makes the colour lasts so much longer. I just dot this on my cheeks and quickly blend it out with my Eco Tools Kabuki brush. It has a lovely dewy finish with a slight shimmer and a gorgeous mango tint.
- For lips, I also use my Cha Cha Tint with a bit of Carmex Cherry Lip Balm on top. I chose this lipbalm because it adds a beautiful shine and has SPF 15 since you can't forget to protect your lips from the sun either.
- Last but not least, I will of course curl my lashes with my Revlon eyelash curlers then apply a few coats of my Maybelline The Rocket Mascara in Waterproof Black. This is a great all around mascara, it adds volume, length, holds a curl and totally separates the lashes. I did a little experiment in the shower when I had it on by putting my face directly under the running water and the mascara seriously didn't budge, there was a bit of flaking but no smudging or running at all. I think a good waterproof mascara is a must-have for the summer time and I highly recommend this one.
So that is all the products I am taking with me. I know it doesn't seem like much but I'm trying to use as little makeup as I possibly can. Let me know what you think of these products and what your holiday makeup must-haves are. Sorry if I take a while to reply to comments as I'm not sure what the internet will be like at the place that I am staying.
Anyway, have a great day!
Lots of love,